The apartment is on one level, on the ground floor. Has a living room with open kitchen, two bedrooms, one bathroom, garden and terrace, 800 mt distance from the beach. The price includes the following services: building manager appointment, personalized interior fittings, assistance for legal process from preliminary agreement for sale to notarised deeds.
Distance to Ancona Airport about an hour, Pescara Airport about half an hour, to Rome and Bologna about 2,5-5 hours.
San Benedetto del Tronto in Le Marche is one of the most alluring beach resorts on Italy’s Adriatic coast.
Take your pick from the crystal blue waters of the sea; the five miles of inviting, sandy white beaches that they lap on to; or the more than 7,000 palm trees along the seafront. They give San Benedetto del Tronto an almost tropical feel – no surprise to learn that it is known as the Riviera delle Palme (Riviera of palms).
The best stretch of San Benedetto del Tronto’s beach runs southwards from the town centre and it is here that the best hotels are to be found. Then throw into the mix the town’s vibrant nightlife scene with lively bars and restaurants.
Yet for all its new-found glamour, San Benedetto del Tronto retains its old-fashioned fishing town charm despite now being a bustling town of 50,000 inhabitants. It is an appealing combination of the old and the new – its medieval centre, which sits on the hillside, and the modern marina below.
The old town, a warren of narrow streets lined by brick houses, is dominated by a castle and a 16th century six-sided tower, the Torrione. The 32-metre Torrione, also known as Torre Gualtiera, offers a fantastic vantage point from which to admire all of San Benedetto del Tronto. Another impressive monument is the Torre Guelfa, which once marked medieval city-state boundaries.
As has been the case down the centuries, the town is rightly proud of its heritage as an important fishing port. Take a relaxing stroll around the harbour as evening draws in and watch the returning fishermen sell their fresh catch to waiting restaurateurs. Fish caught here is in highly sought after as far afield as Rome, Milan and Bologna.
Even, do not miss to visit the M.A.M. (Museum of Art on the Sea) that is a unique, permanent, outdoor museum that extends throughout the south pier of San Benedetto del Tronto and hosts 170 artworks of which 151 are sculptures and 19 are murals by 150 artists coming from 37 countries of 5 continents, are present 5 sculptures created by Mario Lupo, Genti Tavanxhiu, Giuseppe Straccia and Marcello Sgattoni.
Finally, don't leave without trying its most famous culinary speciality, brodetto alla Sambenedettese – a stew made with no fewer than 13 different types of fish.
History. The name comes from the martyr Benedict. According to tradition, this Roman soldier, who lived in the late thirteenth century in Cupra (Roman city that stood at about 4 miles north of the current city of St. Benedict), was killed following his conversion to Christianity. His body was thrown into the river Cupramontana Menocchia, ended up on the coast where now stands the city of San Benedetto del Tronto, collected by a farmer, he was brought on the hill opposite and laid in a tomb. Then there was built a modest church, with apse faces east and the entrance facing west, because, according to early Christian tradition, the rising sun is one of the figures of the risen Christ. Historians argue, however, that archaeological finds of Roman origin, linked to the ancient city of Alba Picena, on the right bank of the Albula. The first document that shows the name of the village dates back to 998: it is an act of Hubert, bishop of Fermo, which speaks of "pede sive land et silva St. Benedict", referring no doubt to Sanbenedettese territory. In 1145 passes in fief to Bernardo and Azzo, sons of Gualtiero from Naples; in 1211 the Emperor Otto IV granted Fermo the territories ranging from the Tronto to Potenza. In 1245, Emperor Frederick II, granted Ascoli a stretch of coastline between Ragnola and Tronto to build a fortified port. Launch of Paranze In these years he began a long series of misbehavior between Ascoli and Fermo, involving other municipalities and even the sambenedettese impoverished. To further decimate the city contributed a plague epidemic in 1478. He remained virtually uninhabited until the repopulated refugees Romagna and high brand which were granted land in perpetual lease. The city's history is marked by Turkish incursions that capture the sailors and lead them into slavery; episodes that will renew the sixteenth century until the nineteenth century. Starting from 1650 the urban core expands beyond the walls, in 1754 created the first marine suburbs, St. Anthony and the Navy. In 1860 the Hunters of the Alps liberated the city from the dominion of the Church. It dates back to 1896 the Royal Decree that grants to St. Benedict the "attribute del Tronto"; in 1936, the village of Porto d'Ascoli is reunited with its territory. During the Second World War, namely in 1943-44, the town suffered 144 air strikes and naval bombardment 6.
- Code: MC4
- Place: mare
- Type of property: Indipendent house
- Surface sqm: 71
- Floors: 1
- first floor
- Rooms: 2
- Bathrooms: 1
- Terrace: 18,5 mq
- Elevator: yes
- Land: no
- Garden: no
- Swimmingpool: no
- View: urban
- Garage: 20 sqm
- Cellar: no
- Heating: Autonomous heating
- Type of heating: floor heating
- Air conditioning: yes
- Energy classification: Medium (B, C, D e sup.)